Sunday, August 22, 2010

Are you undermining your own happiness and wellbeing?


The other day I heard something about me that really pissed me off.
It wasn't the thing about me that pissed me off, it was the person who said it.
I was pissed off because it was such a waste of a good human life.

Imagine you are the owner of the car of your dreams.
Now imagine you abandoned it in a parking lot, or pushed it off a cliff.
You are probably asking yourself, "Why would I do that?"

Well that's what this person has chosen to do with her life.
Yay, I know it's none of my business, so I will talk about how I cultivate my own happiness and wellbeing.

I choose to talk about the happy events from the past and about my expectations for the future while always appreciating my now.
I have zero tolerance for those who want to dredge up the past and speak of it from an attitude of victimhood.
I stay away from those who think that someone owes them something; either their boss, kids, parents, friends, government or me.

I spend a great deal of time cultivating the art of laziness which is to say, I do only that which feels good.
I use any process I can think of to move myself into a better feeling place.


No comments:

Popular Posts